Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hair dilemma

I love my hair straightener, or rather I did until it didn't work so well. It was a pink Iso straightener that I got in Virginia less than a year and a half ago. It was great, but over time started to not work as well. Don't get me wrong, it worked, but it took more time and didn't get my hair as smooth. Fast forward to last weekend where I went into my bag to do my hair for church only to find that one of the plates had chipped :(

Secretly I was looking for an excuse to buy a new one, but seeing as the first one cost $100, I wasn't exactly in a hurry to replace it since it did work. Plus, the stress of looking up reviews, how much do I want to spend, etc...no thank you. Alas, since it broke this past weekend, I have been researching new straighteners and all that jazz. If you know anything about my wonderful boyfriend, you will know that I can not make a purchase like that without consulting consumer reports and researching many reviews before he is satisfied. I love him and respect his opinion, plus I am incredibly indecisive and need his assistance.

Earlier in the week we took a trip to Sally's Beauty Supply to look. My thinking being, "It's a beauty supply store. Professionals shop there, right? Shouldn't they have some great stuff?" After speaking with the sales woman there who strongly recommended a Tool Science 1" Nano Silver yada, yada, yada (the red and black one) we decided to get it. Well, the first day I used it I was less than impressed. My hair looked a little dry and not super fabulous. I thought it was that I had put a little hair spray in it the day before, so that must be it...not so much. I tried it again with clean hair and it did the same thing...bummer. Yesterday I tried once again thinking it was a fluke and I was over-exaggerating, but it left me with flyaways and wouldn't heat up right...and this was only the third use! Needless to say, I returned it immediately.

Today, after more searching online, we went over to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and purchased a Babyliss Pro 1" Porcelain Ceramic straightener. I am hopeful that this one does the trick. Most of the Babyliss products have great reviews on amazon.com and the sales woman said that another customer told her that her stylist recommends that brand highly. *fingers crossed*

I'm really not that picky. I just want the basics, no static or frizz, straightens and curls hair, and leaves it soft and smooth. Really, is that too much to ask? I think not.

No comments: