Monday, October 5, 2009

The Gym is Totally Kicking my Butt

I've been slacking lately on going to the gym. In the past three weeks I have been once per week. I have been eating better since Friday and have already lost .8 of a pound! I've decided to try to go to the gym more often, but not to pressure myself or there's no way I'll go.

This morning there was a Combat class (like kickboxing) and I went to that right after the little one got picked up from school. It is one of my favorite classes and teachers at the gym and it was great to be able to go. The class is an hour long and I stayed for all of it except the last part where they do some crunches, push-ups, and stretching. Throughout the whole class I...thought....I....was....going....to....die. It's a great workout, but it's exhausting!

They say the gym is supposed to make you feel great and give you tons of energy, but it doesn't so much when you are out of shape to begin with. I am so ready for a loooong nap right now. Hopefully I can continue to go more this week and start to feel the "energy" from going to the gym afterwards, but for now I need a nap!

No comments: