Friday, October 30, 2009

I love my dad...

Sometimes I think it's funny what happens. My dad and I were on the phone. We were talking about my cousin moving and such and how she probably won't get married out here since she's moving next weekend. My dad was originally going to come and see me when he went to her wedding since I live an hour away from her. Anyways, my dad then decides to ask me the famous question..."So, when are you going to get married?"

I love you, dad. That has been on my to-do list forever and all of my friends know I am wedding-crazy and want to get married soooo badly! Especially since I'm positive that I have a keeper on my hands. You see, my dad used to always tell me to "slow down" in relationships and to really test it out first to see if we should get married. Now, he is really wanting to know when it will happen because he really likes the guy I'm with! This, folks is a definite first in my dating history. My dad has never thought that anyone was good enough for me and he thinks that Phil and I should be on our way to getting married!

I find it a little ironic. After my last big break-up my dad and I prayed for God to bring me a quality guy. I made out a list with all of the good qualities I was looking for that I would not budge on. I prayed over that list and over the guy that God would bring me, namely, my future husband. What I didn't know is that my dad was praying for the exact same thing only that the next guy God would bring me would be my husband!

Sure enough, only a couple of weeks afterwards, I started talking to Phil and within a few weeks of talking I was positive that this was it. I had this feeling from God that this is the person that God had in store for me!

As you can imagine, this dating process has been a little crazy considering I want to get married and know that my dad approves (which is a serious feat!) and God laid it all out there. Phil is an amazing man, but likes to take things a little bit slower. I have come to accept that and know that when the time is right, he will pop the question so all I have to do is have faith, keep praying, and be patient...which, unfortunately is not a strong suit of mine at the moment!

It's just so great to hear my dad say that he will give Phil his blessing and my hand whenever he is ready. It means so much to me to know that my dad sees all of the great things that I see. Phil is a wonderful man and I am so lucky to have him in my life. I can't wait to have our relationship move to the next step and I keep praying that it will happen when the time is right.....i may or may not mention something about sooner rather than later when I pray, but I'll never tell!

No comments: