Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Today, over at Etta's blog she is hosting a Tasty Tuesday post where you can share your favorite recipes! I love cooking so much and since I'm always looking for new recipies, I've decided to post one of my favorite ones that is a hit with Phil's family for dinner! I actually got this recipe from Phil's mom who got it from Phil's Gram. I have made it before for my previous bosses and for the family that I work for now as well and everyone loves it...especially the sauce. So, without further delay here's the recipe:

Meatloaf
2/3 Cup of Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Milk
1 1/2 Pounds of Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
2 Slightly Beaten Eggs
1/4 Cup Grated Onion
1 tsp. Salt

For the Sauce:
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Ground (Dry) Mustard
1/4 Cup Ketchup

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a glass casserole dish with a wire rack lined with foil and holes cut through foil to allow the fat to drain. Or use a broiler pan and line with foil. Cut holes in the foil to allow the fat to drain.
2. In small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and milk. Set aside.
3. Combine ground meat, eggs, onion, and salt. Add in bread crumb/milk mixture. Use your hands to incorporate thoroughly.
4. In separate bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard to make the sauce.
5. Take the meatloaf mixture and mold it into a loaf shape.
6. Baste the top of the meatloaf with the sauce.
*Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour or until cooked through.
**I make extra sauce to serve with the meatloaf as well.

There you have it! It can be served with any kind of potato, coleslaw, or we like it with green beans as well. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I'm so glad you participated! Check back again next Tuesday for more recipes! Maybe I'll do themes. Wouldn't that be fun?

What's funny about your post is that I was just thinking about making meatloaf! They had taco meatloaf at school today and it smelled amazing. I love meatloaf, but I've only attempted it once. I may have to make it again this weekend.