Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Should I Compromise?

Last night one of Phil's best friends, Dave, and his girlfriend, Beth, came by to have dinner, fix my laptop, and hang out. It was a lot of fun since it was Mom and Dad R.'s birthdays too! It was so great to be able to have the guys talking and hanging out while Beth and I planned talked about getting engaged and married. We must have spent most of the time after dinner looking up rings while I gave her the 411 on diamonds. Yes, I seriously have studied and know that much about them...it's an obsession at this point, really. After we looked at rings we managed to hop on over to look at wedding dresses and see what is currently out in stores. Beth's taste is a little more subdued than mine...lol.

It's really great to have someone who is going through the same thing and understands where you are coming from. I was able to show her exactly what I want and have been looking for when it comes to a ring. I tend to be a little picky at this point. I want something of decent size and quality as well as keeping in mind Phil's budget. I have narrowed down the type(s) of bands I would like and the diamond shape, but I have a huge problem with size and quality.

I know what "ideally" I would like, but I really don't want Phil to spend so much. It seems that if the size is what is most important, I will have to compromise on quality. The other alternative is to compromise on the size for better quality. I don't need a perfect diamond, just one that is worth the money he is going to spend.

Tonight we are hopefully going to go to the mall and look at the different sizes for me to try them on. I am hoping that I can find something that I will be happy with that will be a good compromise for the both of us.

So, with that said, which is more important...quality or size?

No comments: