Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sick Days

I've been feeling pretty sick since Sunday. I went to brunch with Phil and the family, but afterwards my stomach started feeling sick. It had been upset Monday and got really bad Tuesday night. I took off yesterday and got today off as well.

I am not a person who usually calls in sick, especially being a nanny. In my previous positions, my bosses looked down upon calling in sick and not working unless death itself was knocking at the door. I also, had never had sick pay, so if I was out then there was no pay and I needed the money. Luckily with this job I have a couple of sick days to use per year and my boss seems to be very understanding with me staying home. In fact, she actually encouraged me to stay and rest today so that I can get better faster, of course, I promised to go in to work tomorrow even if I'm feeling a little iffy. You know, I don't want to take advantage or anything.

So, here I am at Phil's house resting up, watching a lot of tv, doing homework, and chillaxing. Here's to feeling 100% by tomorrow...cheers!

No comments: