Friday, February 12, 2010

The Lord is Good No Matter What

This morning as I sat down to check my email I saw one from Phil that said "Needing a new game plan." Thinking it was about me going to the doctor's for a follow-up on my wrist from the car accident I opened it immediately. Unfortunately it had nothing to do with the doctor's appointment or road conditions, but rather Phil's job status.

He was hired this past October for a 13 month temporary assignment that "may turn permanent." It was his first big job and somehow the peace of the Lord came over me thinking of this assignment. I just knew it was all going to be ok and we wouldn't have to worry about it and we just needed to have faith. Apparently those words continue true today.

Phil's supervisor was told to come and remind him that he has a temporary assignment and that it will not become permanent. They told him to start applying for the same position within their company and to start doing so now. As much as this is not ideal it could be worse.

The way I see it is that they are not opposed to have him continue working there...hence the "apply for the same position starting now." In fact, I think it is a blessing that they told him now as opposed to October where he would have just one month to figure out a new job situation.

Even though there is a slight bit of panic in me thinking about all of the "what ifs" that could happen, I am incredibly calm and at peace with it all. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God has a plan and will provide. It might seem like the end of the world for him now, but it won't matter five years from now when he is in a better place.

God has blessed us so much and right now I am choosing to believe and have full confidence in His mighty power.

I find it ironic how much strength God can give women. When it comes to my job situation I can be a hot mess worrying and wondering, but when it comes to the man I love nothing can stop me from having faith, being strong, and believing. I will be there for him, tell him how proud of him I am, encourage him, listen to his fears and desires, and overall give him all of the love and support he needs and more. This is my job as the woman in his life.

God definitely knew what he was doing when he created woman for man. He knew that no matter what man would need the love, support, and unconditional strength of a woman during these trying times.

No comments: