Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sensational Saturday!

I must admit that today was such a great day! Phil and I took the two youngest kids I watch to a pancake breakfast to support the church's youth group and afterwards we took them to Toys R Us and let them each pick out a little toy. It was great to be able to spend some time with them and not be in "nanny mode."

We followed that by going to the mall where we hung out and shopped for a couple of hours. Since the mall in town is small and doesn't have any good stores, I love it when we venture the 40 (or so) minutes to the bigger mall with all of the great stores. I may or may not have been a little discouraged by not finding anything that currently fits me well and I may or may not have splurged at Victoria's Secret. I also found that if the clothes would fit I would totally shop at J. Crew. It reminds me a lot of American Eagle, but for adults. This just might have to be one of my new goals.

After the mall we headed on over for an early dinner date at The Melting Pot. If you have not been there, seriously go...like now. It is a little expensive, but the four course fondue meal is fantastic. Our two favorites were the cheese and chocolate.

We finished the evening by having a family game night that his parents hosted. It was great to see his aunts, uncles, and one cousin for a few hours of playing games and just spending time together. I love his mom's side of the family and really look forward to seeing them every chance we get.

Tomorrow will probably be more of a relaxing day seeing as we've been so busy today, but it was great to have a whole day with him and know that we still have tomorrow together before the work week starts up again.

No comments: