Monday, February 22, 2010

Stressed

I feel like life has thrown me a curve ball. I am stressed, overwhelmed, frustrated, and tired. I feel like my relationship is falling through the cracks and I'm not sure how it can be fixed. I've worked hard and loved him for so long and did everything I could to make him happy and comfortable, but what do you do when the person you love isn't happy with anything and hasn't been for a long time? I can only make my self happy and no one else.

His mom suggested that we drop the subject of marriage for a month and learn to enjoy the relationship and one another for at least a month. She said we needed to start going out of the house on dates and have fun together. I said that I would plan something for this weekend that we can do together that he can enjoy.

My fear at the moment is that he's not going to want to be happy and change his attitude. He is great at appearing happy, but not really being happy. All I can do is pray and try, but right now trying is really hard. I want to give up and move on. I love him and have put in so much, but there comes to a point where if things don't start to change, then it's not going to work. I think we have a rough month ahead of us. I need God's help with this one...it's too big for me.

No comments: