Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dazed and Confused

In just 3 1/2 short months I will be out of a job. I had made the decision to not pursue teaching based on the facts that it would take me 2-3 more years in a Master's program to be able to teach in the public school system here in Maryland plus any additional time getting the pre-requisites, if any, needed.

During the past 2 months I have sent out about 13 resumes for any possible job I could think of. So far, I have heard nothing and am getting a little discouraged. I felt positive that pursuing Human Resources would be the best thing, but seeing as I can't seem to find a job in that field...maybe not. I've also been applying for office jobs and have heard nothing from them either.

The more I think about it the more teaching really seems to be what I want to do. I want to have summers off with my kids and to be able to watch them on snow days, spring breaks, and when they are sick. I want to be able to work a shorter day, grade homework, come up with projects, give tests, and do all things teaching has to offer.

I guess right now what I'm feeling is very stuck and confused. I'm not sure how to support myself through the Master's program if that is what I need to do to teach. I am praying that God has a plan and will work it out for me to work for a private school while I take a couple of courses to be certified. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens from here...

No comments: