Thursday, April 15, 2010

doing the right thing

The Lord has been speaking to me lately about something and I've finally done something about it. Phil and I are in a Bible Study called Cleansing Stream where it teaches you to fully trust and rely on God for and through everything that life has to offer. It has a lot of homework with it and a book called The Bait of Satan where it talks about how Satan uses different things like offense in our lives to keep us from God's will. It is an interesting book and has really been speaking to me about one person in particular.

I've been known to talk to people and let them know that they have offended me and that God has told me to let them know so that I can get over it and forgive them or if I feel that I have offended someone else, God will tell me to apologize and seek their forgiveness. So, it didn't come as a complete shock when God was calling me to tell someone that they did, in fact, hurt me because I've been harboring hurt and offended feelings towards them.

It's not easy to write or talk to someone who has offended you and ask them to forgive you for how you have reacted, but it is the best way to clear the air and really get past it all. I am hopeful that this person will receive the message I've sent them with understanding and know that it is not meant to hurt their feelings or stir up trouble, but rather to get it all behind us so that we can move on and re-establish our friendship.

Doing the right thing is definitely not always easy and can be the hardest thing to do, but whenever God speaks to me, I really try to take His guidance no matter how things might "feel" for me at the present moment. It is all in God's hands now and hopefully everything will be back on track!

No comments: