Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoppy Easter...lol

That's the text I got from my sister today and it totally made me laugh because a bunny hops and it's Easter...get it? haha! It's been a great Easter Sunday and since Phil's family doesn't make a special dinner for Easter I thought that I would do it and invite his parents and Gram over for a lovely meal to celebrate.

I love entertaining and hosting, but I always forget how much it takes to get everything just so. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a guy who will pick up the entire apartment and do the dishes while I focus on cooking for the guests and cleaning the apartment. He puts up with me when I'm stressed and neurotic trying to get it all done on time before the guests arrive.

It ended up very well tonight. I was up until 1pm last night doing the prep work and making the dessert and deviled eggs so that it would be done in time and we could still go to church. We had a lot of food for only five people, but everyone seemed to really like it. We had ham, corn pudding, deviled eggs, twice baked potatoes with broccoli, sour cream, gouda, and cheddar cheeses, and a carrot cake for dessert! I made everything from scratch well, except that the corn from a can, but I totally think that counts!

I am totally proud of myself and so thankful to my honey for helping me get everything ready. I couldn't have done it without him.

No comments: