Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What i've been feeling lately

Yesterday I finally broke down and went to the doctor. I have been avoiding this for quite some time now because 1) I have no health insurance and have to pay out-of-pocket and 2) It would require blood work and I am really not a fan of needles.

As I suspected, they sent me to the lab to get some blood work done. For months I've been feeling exhausted daily no matter how much sleep I get sometimes this causes me to feel weak, shaky, dizzy, or just plain tired, irritable, and emotional. Yesterday was the straw when I was driving and things started to get randomly blurry from afar while I was wearing my glasses. When I called and told Phil about this at work he insisted that even though we had wanted to wait until I had found a job with health insurance to get everything checked out, then we had better get me in to see the doctor-- like, now.

The doctor was super nice and when I explained what's been going on as well as my lack of weight loss with the amount of effort that has been put in she agreed that something didn't seem right. She decided to check my thyroid because of most of the symptoms I've been experiencing as well as a blood sugar check for diabetes to see if I'm pre-diabetic since my sister and grandmother both have diabetes. She didn't seem convinced that I have diabetes, but wanted to check and see where we stood on all of that anyways. She is also checking for liver and kidney function as well as to see if I'm anemic because my fingers seriously turn purple when I get cold and that could be a sign of an iron deficiency.

I did really well at the lab today when they took my blood because seriously, I am the biggest baby about getting sticked (mostly with shots) and had the nicest phlebotomist that was there I swear. All in all it didn't hurt at all, but I'm feeling exhausted, dizzy, and was shaky earlier today and am a little weak as well. Hopefully, they will figure out what is wrong and it will be an easy fix (without needles) and inexpensive as well. That's my prayer for the moment and I am so thankful that God got me through today without totally freaking out. He's been here with me and I pray that He continues to bless me through all of this.

No comments: