Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Free Dates

My boyfriend and I have been spending a lot of money lately--especially with the California trip. We have decided to cut back for a while just to make sure that we are putting everything in perspective. We tend to do pretty well most of the time mainly because my boyfriend does not like to spend money unless absolutely necessary we want to make sure that we are able to both save and have the things we really need. One of the areas that we can usually agree on is the difference between a want and a need. I must admit that there are times where I might be a little over-dramatic about what I really need, but all he has to do is give me "the look" and I know that it's really just something that I want and put it on my "list" for a later date.

Because we like to save money I've been thinking of some dates that are free (no cover fee) and would only have minimal costs (like gas) to get there.

Here's what I've come up with so far:
1. Hiking- we are going to do this soon. It will be a great way to get some exercise in and we can pack water and a lunch.
2. Gym dates- we both have a pre-paid membership so it won't be an additional cost and we both like to make sure that we're healthy and in shape (mine is waaaay rounder than Phil's, but I'm working on it).
3. Picnics- there's a community pond by us if the weather is good and it's really nice.
4. Movies at home- I like to go to the library and rent movies for free and we can watch it on the weekends.

I'm still thinking of more, but this is what I have for now. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

No comments: