Wednesday, May 5, 2010

On the Positives About my Job

As with any job being a nanny has many good points and some not-so-good points to it. It's hard to think that soon I will be doing something else because that's what I've done for the past 5 years, but although it's hard to think of, it will happen and I am ready for the change! Although I will miss the following "perks" to my current position:
  • Having a split-shift and being able to schedule appointments, go shopping, run errands, and just chill out while the kids are in school.
  • Nap-time--it's the best "break" ever!
  • Knowing that basically as long as the kids are safe and chores are done, I get paid to play and hang out all day.
  • Not having to dress up everyday for work.
  • Having a pretty good commute with minimal traffic and drama.
  • Being able to be out in the sunshine in the middle of the day without neglecting my job.
  • Getting to talk to my friends and family during the day (when appropriate) since most of them are on the West Coast.
  • Getting a gas card every two weeks for my car to help pay for gas.
  • Being paid to take the kids to lunch and having my meals paid for while I'm on the clock.
  • And most of all--being able to pay my bills and get things done while having a good amount of time to myself.
Even though I will miss all of those things, I am so ready for a new challenge and change. I am trusting that God has a job for me in the works and he will bring it about in due time. Until then, I will be at my current position full-time until mid-June and figuring out what is next after that.

No comments: