Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wedding Diet/Workout Plan

Monday was the big kick-off to my new weight loss/fitness/diet routine for the wedding! To recap, my goals are to work out for 5 days each week, drink more water, and watch my fat/calorie intake. I am happy to report that I am 2 days in and 1 pound lighter!

Monday was a long day for me with working a 10 hour day with the kids then having to eat dinner and still work out, but I managed to walk for 27 minutes on the treadmill and run for 3 minutes straight. Oh my gosh I actually RAN!!! I know, I know, it's only 3 minutes, but still--that is super fantastic for me! My diet was great too with eating no cheese on my sandwiches or mayo and choosing wheat bread and lots of veggies.

Tuesday I took a Zumba class at the gym and maintained good water intake and diet. Again, no cheese (except for the laughing cow wedges) or white bread. I had grilled chicken with broccoli for dinner and a turkey/lettuce wrap for lunch that I made at work.

I'm pretty much constantly hungry because I'm used to filling up with fatty foods, but I am eating enough and drinking plenty of water along the way. This is what I'm used to when trying to lose weight, but I will not eat something fatty in order to feel full!

Basically, in addition to just "watching what I eat" I am trying to cut out/back on "whites" such as white bread, white pasta, potatoes, and refined sugar. I will allow myself one dessert per week and make sure it is just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.

My goal is to be more healthy and fit for my wedding. There is really not weight loss amount that I am looking for because I don't want to set an unrealistic goal and get upset if it is not met by then. Instead, I want to be happy in who I am and being healthy and more fit because that's the important thing!

No comments: