Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I got the job!

I've been waiting to share this news until the paperwork was completed, but it's official...I am finally a teacher! I will be working as a part-time English teacher for 6th, 7th, and 10th grade. I love older kids and am so excited for the challenge that I know is ahead. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to learn how to teach while having a small class size and great support system. This will be my first year teaching so I have so much to learn and look forward to.

I have started reading a couple of stories and am planning to come up with the worksheets needed within the next week or two. I am so lucky to have Phil's mom who is retired from teaching to help as well as some friends of mine who teach as well. I must admit that I am a little nervous about it, but God has led me to this position and I trust that He knows what He's doing. Luckily, there are only a few, amll details of the wedding left to take care of so I won't be playing a juggling act and will be able to focus on my job!

Needless to say I am so thrilled and excited for this new opportunity and plan to do my best and let God take care of the rest!

No comments: