Monday, September 13, 2010

McFatty Monday--Making Plans

Blair is the original creator of McFatty Mondays. Each week she posts something inspirational to share from her own personal weight loss journey. This week she talked about making a plan for weight loss and you know what...I'm a little embarrassed to say I hadn't thought of that before. It's so simple, I love to plan every other area of my life so why not my weight loss?

Planning my weight loss isn't just about saying how many times I'm going to work out each week, it goes a lot farther than that. Planning weight loss means taking time to sit down and plan my meals. I need to plan what to make, when to make it, and remember to take it with me. I also need to come up with a back-up plan for when I get hungry unexpectedly.

This seems pretty easy, but when you are "on the go" so much it's hard to get on a schedule that will actually work. For example, today I was at work from 7:30am-2pm then at the staff meeting from 3:15pm-4pm. I had forgotten to bring my lunch and was starving because my breakfast didn't fill me up as much as expected.

Things like this happen all the time. I need to start setting aside some time to make dishes and get them ready to grab and go for days like today. I love cooking, but haven't been doing as much lately. It's been easier to go through a drive-thru on my way to the next thing instead of taking a few extra minutes in the mornings (or the night before) to pack a lunch.

It's about time I've planned my weight loss. It might be difficult in the beginning, but it's worth it.

No comments: