Tuesday, September 7, 2010

McFatty Monday....er, Tuesday?

As we all know by now, I've been majorly slacking in the weight loss department. I did make it to the gym last week to get my butt kicked by my trainer, but that was it. This week looks like it might work out the same way. I see my trainer today, but I'm not sure about going to the gym another time this week.

I am hoping to get into a routine where I go to the gym straight after work. I work part-time and can literally SEE the gym from the window of my classroom. There really is no excuse right now other than I don't want to.

I feel like this is a never ending cycle. At some point I need to step up and start a new cycle where I don't let things get in the way. It should be about my health, not just pounds lost. It's easier to sit here and reflect upon it rather than to get up and do it.

I need to stop wanting to make others proud of me and to do it all for myself. The wedding date should not be a day of reckoning, but a day to rejoice in how far I've come and to know that it doesn't just end there. This committment has to be life-long. It has to be there when we have kids, not just so that I won't be the "fat" mom, but to show our kids the right way to do things. Exercise can be fun and if I make it a habit now, it will be easier in the long run.

I'm going to try to work out 3 times this week. It will be hard to get back into the swing of things, but I need to. I need to get back to the place where it felt good to work out.

Is anyone with me?

No comments: