Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What NOT To Do

Finding people that you can trust can be very difficult, especially when planning your wedding! I've been very fortunate to find great vendors, but not everyone has had the same experience. Here's a list of a few things I've learned along the way that can not only help when it comes to planning your wedding, but with life in general.

  • ALWAYS trust your gut instinct! This has been especially important with every vendor/purchase we've made so far.
  • Never choose someone who is repeatedly late, makes excuses, and can't remember who you are.
  • You get what you pay for! Know what you can get for a bargain and what you should spend more on.
  • Use an expert for the most important things. When it comes to altering my dress, I want someone with experience who knows that they are doing!
  • Ask friends and family for help. Don't just rely on outside help when you have or know someone who can do that same or better job for a better price.
  • Be organized! I get a lot of comments and compliments for having the wedding planned already. Not only does it help the vendors, but you are less stressed overall.
  • Know what you want BEFORE you go to see the vendors. There have been countless times where the vendors were thrilled that I knew at least an idea of what I wanted. It makes it harder on everyone when you have no idea what you want and expect them to make the decision for you.
  • Don't be indecisive.
  • Trust the experts. You are paying them for their knowledge and expertise, so why don't you trust their judgement? If they say there's too much bling in the flowers trust them!
These are just a few of the things I've learned so far. They have helped me and I hope they can help you too!

No comments: