Monday, October 4, 2010

McFatty Monday

This weekend I learned something valuable. I learned that if you continuously eat fatty food, it will catch up with you. Let's do a little recap of what went wrong, shall we?

Friday:
Lunch- Wendy's #1 combo. Yep, a cheeseburger and fries complete with soda.
Dinner- Hot Dog. Just plain in a bun. In my defense, I thought I had a softball game and needed something quick.
Late at night- McDonald's #1 combo. I was starving and we were running around getting things ready for a friend's party the next day. Not the best choice, but it was good (at the time).

Saturday:
Breakfast- Raspberry pop-tarts and ice cream. I don't want to even go there....
Lunch- Charley's Philly Cheesesteak sandwich
Dinner- Taco Bell

As you could imagine, Saturday, right after lunch, I was sick. It was awful. I don't usually do that much fatty food in such a small amount of time and let me tell you, I paid for it. I did, however, redeem myself yesterday to get back on track after the weekend mishap.

Sunday
Breakfast- Protein bar and water
Lunch- Subway roasted chicken breast sandwhich
Dinner- french toast

My snacking was ok, not too great and I did have one left-over from Taco Bell on Sunday, but with talking to Phil, I've learned why I binge on food. Most days, I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with little snacking in between. This is why I am constantly feeling like I am starving and shove food into my mouth without thinking about what I'm putting in my body.

As a result, Phil and I made it a point to go to the grocery store yesterday and shop for snack, lunch, and breakfast items that I can have during the week. We also came up with a menu for dinners this week. I haven't cooked in so long because his mom cooks every night and invites me over. This week, his parents are in Virginia, so I offered to cook for Phil and his brother this week!

I am definitely looking forward to having a set plan for food this week. I feel no need to go out and buy junk food because I am prepared and have everything I need to stay on track. I am still hungry this morning, but I'm snacking like crazy and drinking water to try to hold off until lunch. It will take time for my body to adjust, but for now, I'm making good choices and focusing on that.

No comments: