Saturday, June 25, 2011

Last day

This is my last night here in Puerto Vallarta. This whole week has been a little crazy. I've had to get used to four kids ages 9, 7, 6, and 3. I feel like I finally have it all figured out and now it's time to go home.

I've learned so much this past week. I am not ready to have kids any time soon. They wake up too early and require a lot of attention. I am so glad that I'm not a nanny by profession anymore. It was great when I was, but I've moved on and like where I'm at now. Being a "vacation nanny" for a week is a lot harder than I thought it would be. There were set hours, but there were also late hours. I need to have regular adult conversations to stay sane. When you are a nanny almost verything revolves around the kids and so do your conversations. I'm sure my husband and I spent a little too much talking on the phone this week but it was greatly needed. I'm not sure that I would be up for another trip like this unless my husband or a close friend could come with me. The adult company and extra set of hands would be awesome.

It's so crazy how much I have missed my husband this week. Even the little things like holding hands or frequent communication that doesn't cost a bundle are missed. I can't wait to see him tomorrow when he picks me up at the airport.

Sorry for the funky format I'm typing this on an iPod.

No comments: