Thursday, February 23, 2012

DIY Homemade Laundry Soap (Review)

I saw a great tutorial found here on how to make your own powder laundry soap. It's supposed to be great for babies, stain removal, and those with sensitive skin. Eventhough we have so much laundry detergent from buying it on sale, I decided to give it a go. I mean, who doesn't like to make things at home and save money?

The first thing that you need is a few ingredients.
(found on the tutorial listed above)

Now, I couldn't find Zote soap, but I was able to purchase FelsNaptha bar soap. I made a half-batch of what is shown above.

I was able to find all of the products easily in my laundry section at my local Walmart. It cost less than $30 and I still have a lot of leftovers for next time!

The great thing about it is that you can use this on your colors and whites and it comes out smelling great! And the best part?

 You only need to use 1-2 Tablespoons per load!!!

That makes it super affordable, right?!

Of course, there are other tutorials out there if you only want a basic blend with three ingredients, but I really love the look, texture, and smell of this laundry soap.

I would definitely recommend giving it a try and would love to hear how it works for you!

P.S. This laundry soap works well in a High Effeciency Washer as it is has very low suds

No comments: