Saturday, February 25, 2012

Goals

One thing I've really been working on this year is trying to be less judgemental. It's horrible to admit (and I think it's the California in me) that I can be very judge-y. I didn't like this about myself so I decided to stop.

The first thing that I realized was that not everyone has to do things by my rules or my way...shocker, I know! But, in all seriousness, this was a huge problem for me. I liked to look at others and express my views on the way they chose to live in regards to spending money and personal decisions mainly.

Realizing that everyone has their own ways of doing things and their own opinions has helped me to be less judgemental. It's their life to live and I have no right to be in their business and tell anyone how to live. Goodness, I have plenty of things to work on in my own life!

This new acceptance of others has been such an eye opener and I'm really happy to make this change.

Is there something you're working on changing?

No comments: