Friday, February 10, 2012

Saving Money

It's no surprise that my new role of being a stay-at-home wife was a little unexpected. It kind of just came out of nowhere and happened suddenly. Despite these things, we both feel that it is a huge blessing for me to be able to stay at home.

The most difficult challenge from me working to not is definitely changing our spending habits. Going from two incomes to one is a bit of a change. Of course, we have done our budget and should be able to make it work, but there are some things that we are changing to make things more comfortable.

  •  Couponing. I had started this a couple of months before leaving my job and it has really paid off! I'm not  a crazy-couponer (yet), but I do love to get a good deal and save some money.
  • Driving. I make sure limit my driving when I run errands. I make sure that if there are places that I need to go and they are further away, I wait and get them done while I am in that area so I don't waste gas.
  • Dining out. Has been cut back majorly. We invite people over, if possible, instead of going out to eat.
  • Clothes shopping. Everyone needs new clothes at some point or another. I was able to score some name brand clothes (gap, american eagle, etc.) at the Goodwill for less than $5 per piece! I know many people frown upon this, but there is a really nice, clean, and kept up store that I only shop at!

These are just some of the ways that I am able to save money to make things easier on our budget. I will be going into more detail about these things and if you have any questions, please let me know!

No comments: