Thursday, March 8, 2012

Homemade Baby Wipes

Since I've been staying at home, I've been making a lot of changes. I haven't had a fast food burger/fry in a month, stopped drinking soda, and have started making some things that we would normally buy in the store myself.


I saw a tutorial for homemade baby wipes and decided to give it a go. My husband and I use baby wipes on the regular and they can get kind of pricey which prompted me to try it out.


I read many different tutorials and watched a couple of YouTube videos to make sure that I would have a good "grasp" on how to make them.


Here's what you need:
  • A roll of 2-ply paper towels {I used Bounty Select-a-Size}cut in half
  • 2 Tablespoons of Baby Shampoo or Baby Wash
  • 2 Tablespoons of Baby Oil
  • A Tub with a lid {that your paper towels fit into}
  • 2 Cups of Water
  • A bowl or pitcher to mix it all in
  •  
Once you have all of your supplies you can start!

First, boil 2 cups of water (you could also use dilluted water and skip the boiling process). Let the water boil for a few minutes, turn off the stove, and let it get to room temperature.
 
While the water is boiling, cut the paper towel roll in half {length-wise} and place into your tub.
 
Once the water has reached room temperature, mix in 2 tablespoons of baby shampoo and 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
 
Next, pour the mixture over the paper towels {making sure to saturate it as evenly as possible}.
 
Put a lid on the tub, set a timer for 10 minutes and wait. Then, flip the tub upside down and set the timer for another 10 minutes.
 
Open the tub, remove the cardboard center and you're done! The wipes will come out from the center just like cleaning wipes.
 
These wipes work so well and stay moist as long as you keep the lid on once you're done!
 
And that's it. Super easy, super cost-effective!


2 comments:

Tristan said...

i used to love making these..but then the paper towel broke out the baby :( i tried all diff kinds..she is allergic to everything but papmers!

Unknown said...

TA must have really sensitive skin! I'm glad you found something that worked for her :)