Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saving Money Saturdays


I haven't done one of these posts in a while because I've been either really busy or needing some extra down time.

This week's saving money tip is for those of you who are brave and have trusting men!

My husband and I save between $170-$260 by having me cut his hair at home. Hair cuts were costing us $20 every 4-6 weeks and that was way too much to be spending on something that I could do at home. So, we bought a clipper set about two years ago so that I could start cutting his hair at home.

Now before you freak out, it's really not that difficult. I know what size he likes for the short part of his hair and we just experimented on the top going from the larger sizes to the smaller sizes until we found one he liked. I taper the hair on the sides and back and use the clippers {with different attachments} to do his whole head. It takes about 15-20 minutes and we're done!

And the best part is that no one can tell it was done at home and it saves us a ton of money each year!

So, if you're brave enough and your husband trusts you, give it a try. And if you're super nervous about it, watch a youtube video on how to do it and take your time. Remember, it's only hair and it will grow back. I've never made a huge mistake, but my husband knows that there's always a "risk" involved.


1 comment:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

We just started this in January. I'm not perfect, but hubs gets over it. :0) He likes saving money.