Friday, July 13, 2012

Fit Fridays- Week 6

Weight loss is definitely a journey filled with highs and lows. This week was more difficult than last week. I got in four workouts (Sunday-Wednesday), but I had such a hard time with some of them. My allergies were crazy, I had pain in my left arch with walking, and my calves have been so tight. I still managed to work out, but some modifications were definitely needed.

Here's what I did this week:

Workout Schedule: Sunday-Wednesday...still planning a Friday and possibly Saturday workout!

Sunday 
10 minutes on the treadmill followed by weights. It was an arm day so we got that done. I wanted to do more cardio, but it was so hot and humid that my husband started to feel dizzy so we decided it was best to get him home. 

Monday
30 minutes on the elliptical followed by 20 minutes on the stationary bike.

Tuesday
30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the bike. I also went back and did the 30 minute circuit class!

Wednesday 
This was the tough day for me. I tried to walk on my in-laws' treadmill since we're house-sitting and it sucked. The belt is looser than the ones I'm used to and my calves were on fire. I did 10 minutes and felt like I was going to die. I managed to go to the gym later that day and did 10 more minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the stationary bike. It sucked and I was so disappointed in myself.

Thursday
I woke up and my calves were so tight and sore. It was horrible. I ended up using this as my rest day, stretching a lot, and having my husband use a rolling pin on my calves to attempt to loosen them up.

Friday
Ugh, I need to make up for this week somehow. I really enjoy working out, but this week has been awful. At least 30 minutes of cardio somehow, but trying to avoid the treadmill since it makes my calves hurt more. 

 Saturday
Something active. Either the gym or maybe hiking? If you knew me at all, you would know that me wanting to go hiking is a miracle.

Diet
I need to drink more water. I made sure to get in the 8 cup minimum per day, but I really like to stay around 12 cups per day. We have been at my in-laws a good part of this week and took Gram to dinner last Friday, but I managed to check out the calorie and fat content and did well with that. I'm eating out too much being here so I'm looking forward to my routine at home.

Starting Weight: 224
Last Week's Weight: 218.8

Today's Weight: 218
I'm down 0.8 pounds! I worked hard, but you can tell it was a hard week.

Measurements:

Starting Waist: 44"
Current Waist: 41"

*My natural waist

Starting Hip: 54"
Current Hip: 49"

*Right under my belly-button where I was the most round overall

I managed to stay the same in my measurements, but I've noticed my yoga pants are looser in the front so that's good!
Next Week's Plan...
Drink more water! I also want to get in more cardio and work up to 60 minutes per day. I also want to eat more fruit this week. I like having fruit as a snack and since we weren't home this week, I slacked in the fruit department.

2 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Great job!!!

Naptime Review said...

This inspires me. Thanks for sharing and best of luck. It's hard, I know ;)

I am your newest follower from GFC hop. Love for you to stop by Naptime Review and return the follow. Hosting facebook hop later tonight. Love for you to link up your page.

www.thenaptimereview.com