Friday, July 20, 2012

Fit Fridays- Week 7

This week was much less painful than last week. I've been more tired than normal so it was a little hard to get going, but I'm determined to get fit so I sucked it up and worked out out anyways. 

Here's what I did this week:
Workout Schedule: Monday-Thursday. As always, we'll do something active or go to the gym this weekend.

Sunday
Rest day.

Monday
60 minutes on the Arc Trainer! Oh my gosh, that was hard, but so worth it.I even dropped my sweat towel in the first 15 minutes of my workout and didn't stop to pick it up. I was dripping in sweat. Fortunately, a really nice, older man realized it and picked it up for me at 47 minutes into my workout!

Tuesday
15 minutes on the stationary bike followed by a leg workout on the machines. I ended the workout with a 20 minute walk on the treadmill. Overall...35 minutes of cardio and legs.


Wednesday
I took my mother-in-law to the gym with me! It was so exciting to have her there and to show her what I do and some new things she can try. It was her first time EVER in a gym {she is an avid walker at home}! My husband made me promise not to push her too hard so we did 15 minutes on the Arc Trainer, an ab workout, 10 minutes on the elliptical, and a 5 minute cool down on the treadmill. We had to break up the cardio because she said that she couldn't do any more with her legs after the Arc Trainer! She did a great job keeping up. Overall...30 minutes of cardio and abs.

Thursday
Oh my was I tired on Thursday. I decided to go to the gym anyways and managed to do 17 minutes of walking, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 15 minutes on the stationary bike. Overall...62 minutes of cardio! I also did a little arm workout, but I was so tired that I didn't do much.

Friday
Rest Day

Saturday
Either the gym or a day trip to DC or somewhere to walk around.

Diet
I did so well this week with my water intake! Most days were 10-12 cups and always the minimum of 8 cups of water per day. I stayed under my calorie limit every day and was only hungry if I forgot to snack!

 
Starting Weight: 224

Last Week's Weight: 218

Today's Weight: 215.4
I'm down 2.6 pounds this week and down 8.6 pounds from the beginning!

 I worked hard, upped my water intake, and stayed under my calorie limit and it payed off!

Measurements:
Starting Waist: 44"

Last Week: 41"
Current Waist: 40.5"
*My natural waist

 
Starting Hip: 54"

Last Week: 49"
Current Hip: 49"
*Right under my belly-button where I was the most round overall.

I lost .5" in my waist and stayed the same at my hip area. My pants are still fitting looser so that's always a good sign!
Next Week's Plan...
Keep my water intake up and continue to work up to 60 minutes of cardio per day (less on days where I do weights).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm Shar!
Your newest follower from the blog hop!
I love what you're doing with your fitness!
Great job on the weight loss so far!
xoxo ♥ -Shar
http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

AMY MICHELE said...

Hey! My old personal trainer just had his book hit the shelf. It's really good with diet and workout information! Thought you'd like to take a glance at it ... it's called "Lose 40 pds in 1 day" by Cody Bobay. Keep up the good work! You have a good workout in place, it seems. What are you eating? And are you taking any vitamin supplaments? Just curious!

pretty little things said...

just discovered your blog and I love it!
I'm your newest follower - hope you can check mine out as well! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Martin Meyers said...

Hey there! I just added myself to your followers for support, and I wanted to invite you to follow back maybe and check out awesome Gift-card Giveaway I’m having right now!

Hope to see you there, and thank you!

http://www.meyersauthor.com/2012/07/giveaway-enter-and-win-5000-gift-card.html