Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Getting Healthy is a Full-Time Job

Over the past 6 weeks I have worked my butt off. I started off slowly, only working out 3 times a week for 20-30 minutes each time. I remember dying on the elliptical my first workout. Sure, I felt great, but my heart rate was high and it was a constant battle to keep it in the 180's. Yes, I was that out of shape.

Now, I'm working out 4-5 times a week and doing anywhere from 20-60 minute workouts! On the days where I don't have much time, I make sure to really push myself so that I get as much out of it as I can.

I have also been counting calories and really watching what I eat. I've been on My Fitness Pal for almost two weeks and it's been so helpful. I started off by just eating less and changing what I ate for the first 4 weeks. I didn't want to get too overwhelmed by all of the change happening at once.

With all that being said, I feel that working out and eating right to lose weight is a full-time job. I'm at the gym most days of the week and counting calories which means measuring everything and reading lots of labels. It's definitely not terrible, but I'm constantly thinking about the next thing whether it's a workout or something to eat.

After my workouts, I usually chill out at home for a while unless I have errands to run. The next thing I know, I need to figure out what's for dinner, cook dinner, and my husband's home. It's a lot to take in, but it's something I really enjoy.

I'm hoping that I can start to get more done around the house, but focusing on getting healthy is definitely a good thing too!

No comments: