Monday, January 14, 2013

Instincts

The saying "Trust your instincts" is something that I definitely agree with. I tend to get many "gut" feelings about different things so it's not uncommon for me to feel more one way over another. My husband, on the other hand, does not.

With finding out that we're having a baby, I began to call my current GYN's office. I mean, I've done the research and really wanted to stick with them since they deliver at my preferred hospital. Unfortunately, they couldn't get me in for two weeks so I called my primary care office to see what they recommended. They gave me a name and number to another OB/GYN in our current city, but that would mean that I would have to deliver at the hospital in town which was definitely not my preference. Of course, I called anyways, but they were closed. So, even though I felt strongly that I should go with the new doctor, I went with logic and called back to my current doctor's office.

Of course, we all know how that went because of my previous post. So, I set out to look up a new doctor in the area that we are in now and the same doctor kept popping up in all of my searches. At this point, it was like, "Duh!" and I was at the point where if this is what felt best, then I'll deliver at the hospital in town because this is where I feel God wants me.

Over the past weekend, I had a few people highly recommend another OB/GYN in the area. I was confused to say the least. I had made my decision, had an appointment scheduled for the 21st and was feeling good. So, why are all these people recommending another doctor?! So, I prayed about it, still felt like I should keep my current appointment and talked to my husband about it. He said that I should give the new recommendation a call so I did.

I made an appointment for Friday, called my husband who was on board. I still wasn't convinced this was what we were supposed to do, but I wanted to respect my husband's decision and I was confused. Then, as we were talking about the appointment, he told me he didn't feel right about it! What?! Really?! He said he didn't know why, but he just didn't feel right. I told him that I hadn't been sure either so we made the decision to cancel the new appointment and stick with the other one.

It's been a crazy past few weeks, but our comfort and finding the right doctor is so important. I'm so glad we listened to what we felt like God was telling us and I know the doctor's appointment will go well.


No comments: