Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Learning

We just got in from California early Sunday morning. I loved visiting with my family and friends, but noticed it took a toll on Matthew. My baby who was scheduled here at home no longer had a schedule. So, we made the best of the situation and I actually learned a few things.

  1. His morning nap that usually lasts for only an hour? Ya, he's still tired and will go back to sleep with some snuggling.
  2. He's ready to be awake more, but still gets tired super easily so once he starts fussing, yawning, and rubbing his eyes...put the baby down!
  3. He has the capacity to go 7 hours overnight between feedings (but only slept 5 of those hours). Not sure why he won't sleep more then.
  4. No matter what, the kid loves his baths.
  5. When traveling, make sure to throw in a couple of days where he has some down time and don't leave the house.
  6. He'll sleep on a red-eye flight, but I will barely get any.
  7. Baby wearing on a plane is the best idea ever. He sleeps and I have my hands free!
  8. My mom is an awesome grandma. I miss her so much already.
  9. Don't argue with your husband when you're 3,000 miles apart. No good can come from it.
  10. Meeting up with friends who have kids is awesome. I wish we were closer.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

You learned a lot! Go you mama!

I'm glad you got to visit family, but I'm sure it's so nice to be back home and on a schedule again.

I agree about the arguing. It stinks to argue when one us is traveling without the other.