Monday, November 4, 2013

Refreshed

This last weekend was so great for me and our little family. We had a much needed weekend away, in a sense, and came back feeling refreshed and rejuvinated.

It was nothing special, in fact, it was set up so I could work. I agreed to make custom curtains for my brother and sister-in-law's new house. I started them when I was eight and a half months pregnant and was put on bed rest before they could be completed. Yes, they've been waiting on these things forever, but have been super supportive. So, when they offered to have us come down and bring the baby so I could get some work done and have plenty of people around to help with Matthew, it was a no-brainer. 

We got there Friday afternoon and I got in a good three hours before dinner. If you've ever made lined curtains with back tabs, you know how much work goes into them...a lot. Saturday, I started around 9am and worked until about 6pm only taking minimal breaks for lunch and to snuggle with my little guy. It was a long day, but I got a lot done. At this point the living room curtains were done, but the dining room curtains still had quite a lot of work left. I was exhausted and went to bed after we put Matthew down for the night. Sunday, I got to work right after breakfast and did another six-ish hours and got them done! I still have to hem the sheers for the windows, but that was meant for another time anyways.

Even though I was working like crazy (and believe me, it was work!), it was so nice to be able to focus and get the job done knowing that Matthew was well taken care of. We had a great time away from all of the chores and distractions at home and looked forward to going back.

Today, it's back to the grind with laundry and errands, but I am so grateful for this past weekend.

No comments: