Monday, January 6, 2014

Let It Go

Those are the words my mom keeps telling me. I'm trying, really I am, but I've always struggled with letting things go and letting things roll off of my back. I really don't know how. I've tried praying, sleeping it off, listening to music, zoning out in some way, taking a bath, going for a walk and they are all temporary fixes, but don't resolve the problem. I need resolution.

The best way for me to get over something is to get away from it. I need space and time to heal and feel better, but that's not an option right now. What can I do then? I have no idea. I know that if I work out then at least I feel better short term and long term. It helps me deal with daily stress better, but the first few weeks are hard, worth it, but oh so hard.

I feel pulled in so many directions right now. I'm trying to raise our son and take care of myself and my husband, but can't do it in the way that I need or want. Right now I'm in a position that is better for the long term of purchasing a home, but is getting more difficult by the week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"let it go" it for sure is easier said than done. You have a lot on your plate and are handling it better than I would. I seem to always use the phrase "just keep swimming" from Finding Nemo. I say it over and over in my head and it at least gives me the giggles. Hang it there. The bigger picture makes it all worth it!

Sarah said...

i hope you are able to find a way for the space you need soon!