Monday, January 20, 2014

"The Talk"

Things over here have been awesome the past few days and that's because my husband had "the talk" with my in-laws. It's been a long time coming, but something that desperately needed to be done. It was awkward and feelings were unintentionally hurt, but now we're at a much better place.

It's nice to feel like we can breathe again and really focus on the new adventure of buying a house without feeling like we need to be out yesterday. My mother-in-law is open to me telling her when something is bothering me and we are able to go out with them and really enjoy the time together.

It's been a much needed change around here and I'm glad we are establishing boundaries. It's always hard to live in someone else's house and be grateful, but try not to step on anyone's toes in the meantime.

No comments: